You might be think yuck worms! That doesn’t sound particularily spiritual or magical. However, don’t let appearances fool you the worm moon brings with it some powerful energy just before the equinox.
Now although the name apparantly originates from North America I have found that it is equally relevant for those in Europe. It gets it’s name simply from the worms that begin to come out at the end of winter. Yes the humble worm is a clear indicator that winter has passed! Now the humble worm plays a very important role in the life that is returning to the land.
Worms often leave their nutrient-rich casts in their tunnels, providing a favourable environment for plant root growth. The tunnels also allow roots to penetrate deeper into the soil, where they can reach extra moisture and nutrients. And what do we need for sustainable growth? Strong roots and nourishment.
At it’s core the spiritual energy of this full moon is optimism, hope, nourishment and new beginnings.
- Storm Moon
- Crow Moon
- Spring Moon
- Sap Moon
- Moon of winds
- Crust Moon
- Sore eye moon
- Lenten Moon
- Hopeful intentions
- Good luck
***The snow moon in 2022 is March 18 th***
The small signs, such as the returning worms, indicate the dark cold days are ending. Earth is truly awakening from its winter hibernation. You might notice you feel lighter, energised mores so than you did two weeks ago. March’s Worm Full Moon is a powerful time for hopeful intentions, magic, reflection and a lovely time for meditation too. Not to mention pratical actions that align with the energy of the coming Spring Equinox, the festival of Ostara in the Wheel of the Year.
Worm Moon activites
- Optimistic journalling- now there maybe things that are happening in your life that you are not happy about. However, every bad thing has a silver lining so journal to look for the silver lining. If life is all good then journal about all the things you feel optimistic about in life.
- Nourish your body and soul – Fresh food is returning to the land. Make it important to nourish yourself with some of the spring greens or to get a little extra sunlight whilst simultaneously nourishing your soul by prioritising activites that nourish your passions and happiness.
- Cleanse your home – The worms are clearing the debris so why not copy them and clear the energetical debris in your home with a cleasning home made cleaning product or smudging.
- Start manifesting your goals – plan out your action steps to manifest your goals and slowly begin to work on them
- Plant seeds – Clearing the ground and planting seeds for the coming months will give you a full experience of what is happening in nature during this moon
- Cleanse your tools – wether you are into crystals, or work on the computer on a daily basis this is a great time to cleanse and clean up your daily tools. It will make the coming months easier and less stressful!
- Goal setting magic- of course if you are into magic then full moon is a powerful time for spell casting. This ritual by Spells 8 is one I intend to try this moon.
Magick diy home cleanser & cleaner
I don’t often to do a full home cleansing. And with a smell sensitive partner I am limited in what I can use to do a cleanse. I found this amazing recipie from The witches cookery on youtube that allows me to cleanse and clean in one!
You will need:
- 1 cup distilled vinegar
- up to 1 cup distilled water (Moon water can be use here too)
- the rind of 1 – 3 lemons
- the rind of 1 – 3 oranges
- rosemary **
- thyme **
**Fresh herbs works best. No need to crush them. Stalks and all are perfectly fine.
How to make:
- Prepare the ingrediants and put in a glass bottle (do this with intent) and cover with the vinegar.
- Give it a shake
- Let it infuse for 3-4 weeks. (Keep out of direct sunlight)
- Strain the liquid.
- Mix with your distilled water or moon water
- And clean!
I hope that the comming worm moon nourishes and energises you!
I wish you a blessed worm moon…